Saturday 15 February 2014

OUTMODE Asset Production: Cranes

The director asked me to produce some crane assets for the game. The theme was for a scrapyard so tower and harbour cranes were off the books so I took inspiration form the Bristol Dock side cranes, I changed the regular crane hooks to magnet and a claw as these would be most likely used in a scrap yard.

The Bristol Dockside Cranes found on Google

The Bristol cranes were a little different and I liked the contrast of materials on them. I intend to replicate the materials used during my texturing stages as I feel these would look quite nice in the contrast to the rest of rusted materials. I will make them look weathered and include decals to replicate ageing effects.



Claw crane is 16352 Tris

I decided to use planes to save excess poly counts rather than each individual support structure. I will once again use Alpha maps to convey these. I have added pivot point to the model so each crane can rotate and pivot each arm, also the claw has been modelled so it is capable of opening and closing.

Will repost finished Textured models once finished.



No comments:

Post a Comment