Friday 14 February 2014

OUTMODE Asset Production: Barrel & Pallets

 The next set of Assets to produce were the oil barrels and I developed a very basic mesh ready to be  sculpted into. I will multiple textures and alter the mesh to make a few broken and dented barrel variations.

 
A quick image search for a quick reference


 Low Poly Barrel Mesh 1518 Tris

Basic Reference, and beneath my base model ready to be textured and sculpted into. I will make a variety of texture to break up the repetition of the barrels through out the game, and when I make a broken set of barrels I will use layer masks to save on poly-count.


 Inspiration form existing examples how I will deform the barrels.



 Instead of modeling holes into the barrel like the example above I instead will use alpha targets to help reduce the poly count and yet be able to achieve the hole effects.

So rather than just placing barrels randomly around the intend playable space in the map I decided to develop wooden pallets to stack the barrels upon.

 The pallets can also be placed and stacked around the map area and after I sculpt the dents and rust into the barrels I can alternate the different designs as desired.

WIP still have to finish the sculpting aspects and produce texture but these initial models can be used as proxy meshes to test within the game.


No comments:

Post a Comment